Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:35:29 -0500
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sysinstall not installing XFree

I am trying to install XFree. From sysinstall I first tried to install from ftp. I used a custom
distribution and selected all the components I wanted from Xfree, selected FTP as media and tried commit.
I got a blue screen for about 30 seconds and then it asked if I wanted to go to the configuration screen.

Tried to install from the 3.3 release. After it complained it didn't match I instructed it to use the Cd
anyway. I got the same a blue screen and the question about the configuration screen.

I am trying to install from ports, but it would have been much simpler/easier/quicker if I could have
installed from the CD. Even if the CD didn't have the latest version I would have preferred that.

Is the sysinstall on stable looking for a newer version of XFree than the one in 3.3 CD?