Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 2003 14:27:56 +0200
From:      Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   formatting hardrive

Hi !

Ok, I'm at a point where I'm ready to cry :(
Is there ANY easy way to partition/slice a hardrive for FreeBSD ?????
I spent all morning playing with bsdlabel, sysinstall... I just want to=20
partition a second hardrive so I could dump/restore the content of my first=
=20
drive.
So, I tried sysinstall post-install tools to create the slices and all, but=
=20
all I get are errors like "can't write to ad2", or "can't mount /dev/ad2s1a=
=20
on /mnt" ....
Basically what I want is:
ad2s1a --> /mnt
ad2s1b --> SWAP
ad2s1d --> /mnt/tmp
ad2s1e --> /mnt/var
ad2s1f --> /mnt/usr

So, all I have to do after is dump / --> /mnt, /tmp --> /mnt/tmp ... and so=
=20
on.
I sware I tried all morning without any kind of success :(

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

=2D-=20
Antoine Jacoutot