Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:33:56 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        mw@sax.de
Cc:        Jonathan Down <cyber@geotec.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on amd?

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 10:30:38PM +0100, Martin Welk wrote:

> (As the faster Athlons will be produced in Dresden which is only about
> 30 km away, we have a kind of special interest of using those CPUs :-) )

Have you seen this one? An Athlon running at 1GHz - and it's approved
by AMD! The CPU is cooled by a refrigeration unit and runs at -40C,
hence the higher clock (something to do with the theory of
super-conductivity I think).

http://www.carrera.co.uk/EdSystem/WebSysFolderDetail.cfm?ItemCode=153740&CurrentCode=110295

> Regards,
>
> Martin
> --
>  /| /|        | /| /            ,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities,
> / |/ | artin  |/ |/ elk                     if you're knowing to take them,
>                                   you know, there's a lot of opportunities,
> Freiberg/Saxony, Germany                 if there aren't you can make them,
> mw@sax.de / mw@theatre.sax.de          make or break them!'' (Tennant/Lowe)

PERL has been described as "the duct tape of the Internet"
and "the Unix Swiss Army chainsaw"
				- Computer Shopper 12/99