Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 00:03:20 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        winky@pixi.com (Lawrence J M Lau)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HELP

Lawrence J M Lau stands accused of saying:
> I just bought a copy of FreeBSD 2.0 from Walnut Creek.  When I get to
> the point where it asks me from what media I'm installing from and hit
> "CD-ROM", I get an error telling me that it cannot find the device.

> I have an SIIG, Inc. SCSI Controller SCSI-Pro VL card and a PLEXTOR 6X
> CD-ROM drive.

> Can somebody help me out?  Are there device drivers being written for
> SIIG, Inc. components?  Does FreeBSD 2.0.5 (info from Walnut Creek)
> support my components.  Please e-mail me back at:

Well, that depends - there may be a driver written already for your card,
but you'll have to give us some more information about it.  How about
telling us whether the card claims to be compatible with anything else,
and perhaps the part numbers off the top of the larger chips on the
SCSI card.

Without these details, there's not much I can offer 8)

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[