Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:50:26 +0100
From:      Colman Reilly <careilly@monoid.cs.tcd.ie>
To:        Brian Mitchell <brian@firehouse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C2 Trusted FreeBSD?

     > This is defined as follows:
     > "All authorizations to the information contained iwthin a storage object

     > shall be revoked prior to initial assignment, allocation or reallocation

     > to a subject from the TCB's pool of unused storage objects. No
     > information, including encrypted representations of information, produce
     > by a prior subject's actions is to be available to any subject that
     > obtains access to an object that has been released back to the system."
     >
     > Basically, we need to purge all memor when it is allocated, or
     > deallocated.

     yah, when we release something back into a system, we have to bzero() the
     contents, or something similar.
Well, no we need to ensure that they're zeroed before anyone lese gets them.

How much does bzero() cost? I was wondering if it would be more efficient to
do a background garbage collector style thing that would zero things in idle
time and would only zero stuff on demand if it hand't been cleared.

Colman