Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:43:33 +0000
From:      Mahesh Sooriyabandara <mahesh@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, Edirol <edirol@anime.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dummynet from the scratch!!!

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:05:44 GMT, Mahesh Sooriyabandara wrote:
>
> > I have installed FreeBSD on a PC ( i.e 486DX) using FTP.  System probed the
> > SMC elite Ethernet card and got connected to the net. Now I want to connect
> > another SMC elite to the same machine. When I connected it sytem can not
> > even probe the first one.
>
> You probably encountered a resource conflict.  For example, both cards
> might be configured to use the same IRQ.  Configure the cards to use
> resources that aren't used by each other nor by other peripherals in the
> system and you should be fine.
>
> You'll need an ed1 for the second card once the hardware's sorted out.
> :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Thanks for the tip. Now I have a running system.
Yet I have three questions..

1) Where can I find the dummynet configurations (BW,delay ....etc) or view them
once I set it using;

ipfw pipe NN config bw...... command.

Ofcourse I can view the ipfw pipe configuations and packet accounts.

2) How can I remove all the configurations applied to a perticular pipe( not the
pipe). I used the following command

ipfw pipe NN config

But it seems to be not working all the time.

3) I included the file name with the fullpath in /etc/rc.conf where I keep all
thei pfw rules. But it did not read it during start up.

What do you thinfk I may have miss here.
I typed the commands line by line like;

ipfw add pipe 1 ip from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to xxx.......
ipfw add pipe 2 ip ...........

Can some one help me on these.

Thanks,

mahesh.