Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:20:19 +0100
From:      "nanard" <nanard@crystunix.com>
To:        "Eric Anderson" <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Connecting to VPN Concentrator

Hi Eric,

Ok i ve the same configuration on my FreeBSD server.

But on the FreeBSD client, i was using pptp:

crysto# pkg_info|grep pptp
pptpclient-1.3.1    PPTP client for establishing a VPN link with an NT
server

So, now, i m trying to connect the client with MPD.

But i didn't find the public adress of the VPN server in the mpd.conf.

> And on my client:
> default:
>          load work
>
> work:
>       new -i ng1 ms-pptp work
>       set log +pptp +pptp2 +pptp3 +lcp +auth
>          set ipcp ranges 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
>          set ipcp yes vjcomp
>          set ipcp dns 10.x.y.5 10.x.y.6
>          set ipcp enable req-pri-dns req-sec-dns
>          set link disable chap pap
>          set link accept chap
>          set link yes acfcomp protocomp
>          set iface idle 0
>          set bundle enable multilink
>          set bundle yes crypt-reqd
>          set bundle enable compression
>          #set link enable no-orig-auth
>          set link keep-alive 60 600
>          set ccp yes mppc
>          set ccp enable mpp-compress
>          set ccp yes mpp-e40
>          set ccp yes mpp-e56
>          set ccp yes mpp-e128
>          set ccp yes mpp-stateless
>          set iface route 10.x.y.0/24
>          set iface route 10.x.z.0/24
>          set bundle authname "username"
>          set bundle password "mypassword"
>          set iface disable on-demand
>          set link max-redial 9
>          set iface mtu 1400
>          open iface
>

> Then to start the connection, I run:
> # mpd work
>
> Once the connection is made, you should be running..

Where do you specify xxx.yyy.zzz.123 in the mpd configuration of the freebsd
client ? mpd.links ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nicolas