Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:44:45 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where to put binaries of a port

Hi!

I'm trying to make a port follow the FreeBSD
standard, where to put installed files, which
is a bit hard, as I'm a bit uncertain of the
standard.

The port have both an X11 binary, and a non-
X11 binary. The X11 binary is optional, and
only should be installed if X11 is installed.
The other binary should always be installed.

By using USE_X_PREFIX, they're both installed
in /usr/X11R6/bin, else both are installed in
/usr/local/bin. If only installing the binary
not using X11, the latter is correct, but what
should I do if both the X11 and the non-X11
binary should be installed?

Thanks in advance for a reply!

Best regards,
Paul