Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 08:57:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Joe Kelly <joe@gaia.gol.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Laptop Question.

> I've just got 2 quick questions about Laptops & FreeBSD:
>
> A) Can someone please recommend a good laptop for FreeBSD,
> eg DEC (High Note VP), IBM (thinkpad 560) or anything better.

I've heard good things about the Hi-Note, but I don't think I'll get to
install FreeBSD on my boss's 560.  However, if it runs the 560 would be
a *really* nice box.  It's pretty sweet.

At the opposite end of the spectrum is the NEC 6040, which is known to
run FreeBSD well, but it's a heavy-duty (with emphasis on heavy) laptop
that can do almost everything a desktop can do.

For lightweight I'd go with the Hi-Note (which I hope to later on this
year.)

Nate