Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2018 07:20:19 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
To:        Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Broken port qmail-tls, upstream dead

Hi!

> due to recent changes in openssl that comes with 12, qmail-tls and
> derived ports don't build anymore. I fixed most of the compile issues
> and submitted them upstream, but despite checking via several channels,
> got no reply.
>
> If it was just for the ports-patch for the tls-patch, I would just
> provide one and be good. However at least one feature breaks (and that
> is for ALL platforms, not only 12) with my patch-patch.

Which feature breaks ?

Patches can be applied conditionally (e.g. only for 12).
If you provide the patch in a way that fixes the build only for 12 ?

> Any suggestions how to proceed? Break that feature for all of them?
> Spend more time on trying to fix that? Keep qmail-tls broken until
> upstream responds?

Migrate to exim 8-) ? If upstream is dead, maybe it's a signal
to migrate away ?

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    2 years to go !