Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:21:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jay Nelson <noslenj@swbell.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: funny repair remark

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Terry Lambert wrote:

[snip]

>IBM has also supported the idea of "FreeBSD certification" of
>IBM systems; Doug Ambrisko spent some time validating a
>machine, only to have the Advocacy group _not_ show up with a
>FreeBSD certification logo.

Interesting. I always wondered what FreeBSD would be like on an SP.
Are they willing to open up information for MCA, SSA and other useful
devices? Rephrased, will we benefit from the current Linux hysteria at
IBM?

As an aside, there was some discussion in the past about the
functionally useless but politically beneficial business of
certification. Has anything changed and is there such a thing? IBM's
backing of a FreeBSD certification would carry a lot of weight in
the corporate and govt worlds.

Do you know what IBM is doing with the *BSDs?

-- Jay