Date:      Sat, 20 May 1995 09:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        root@io.cts.com (Morgan Davis)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 5/19 current sticks on startup

> The 5/19 current, upon rebooting, will start routed, then hang until
> Control-C is pressed.  It looks like this:
>
> 	starting routing daemons: routed.
> 	_
>
> ...And the cursor sits there.  When I Control-C, I see this:
>
> 	^Cclearing /tmp
>
> ...and it continues to start up correctly.  I copied over the latest
> sysconfig (and edited it), rc, and netstart from /usr/src/etc.  Any
> ideas?

Yea, you have nfs mounts in /etc/fstab probably, and some of them are
not ready at boot time.  I changed the call to mount nfs disks so
that it is no longer backgrounded (ie, wait for my /usr to come
ready please :-)).  If you have mounts that are not critical to booting
you should use option bg on them in your /etc/fstab.