Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:31:55 +0100
From:      Joost Bekkers <joost@bps.jodocus.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.7 and shapeing bridge

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:45:24PM +0100, Bartlomiej Butyn wrote:
> bridge1# ipfw pipe 1 config bw 64Kbit/s
> bridge1# ipfw pipe 2 config bw 64Kbit/s
> bridge1# ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any out recv rl0 xmit vr0
> bridge1# ipfw add pipe 2 ip from any to any out recv vr0 xmit rl0

/usr/src/sys/net/bridge.c says:
/*
* The third parameter to the firewall code is the dst. interface.
* Since we apply checks only on input pkts we use NULL.
* The firewall knows this is a bridged packet as the cookie ptr
* is NULL.
*/

so if you use

ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any in recv rl0 bridged
ipfw add pipe 2 ip from any to any in recv vr0 bridged

things should be fine.

--
greetz Joost
joost@jodocus.org