Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 04:36:02 +0100
From:      andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
To:        jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr (Jean-Marc Zucconi)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, handy@sag.space.lockheed.com, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Acroread printer output?

Jean-Marc Zucconi writes:

>  > "Brian N. Handy" wrote:
>  >> Hi all,
>  >>
>  >> I was just fiddling with the Acroread port, and I tried to print something
>  >> with it.  Has anyone had luck doing this?  Using apsfilter and my trusty
>  >> HP Laserjet 5L, I just get errors.  Xpdf works fine however.  (Well...as
>  >> well as xpdf works anyway. :-)
>
>  > Me too.
>
>  > I spent the best part of a day trying to fix this, and all that happened each
>  > time was Ghostscript[234] puking :-(.
>
> The problem is with ghostscript: printing from acroread on a real
> postscript printer works well.

Put the following line at the end of gs_init.ps:

/Default currenthalftone /Halftone defineresource pop

And then please tell me, if I should or should not commit this fix.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de