Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:50:11 -0800
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        John Indra <john@indocyber.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Transparent wterm in enlightenment

John Indra wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 07:01:09PM +0300, Igor Roboul wrote:
>
> |wterm is not WM dependent, but who knows :-) ?
>
> wterm is definitely not WM dependent at all, BUT the pseudo-tansparency mode
> of any *term usually IS WM dependent or at least works the best with
> suitable WM.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to dispute this. I've used pseudo-transparent
rxvt and wterm in a wide variety of window managers, all the way from
enlightenment to windowmaker, icewm, blackbox, olvwm, aewm, fvwm, kwin,
sawfish and twm, all with no problem. The only thing that was slightly
wierd was with kwin/kwm, which made the window frame transparent along
with rxvt.

David