Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:20:44 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
Subject:   RealTek 8139 PC Card

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

I'm trying to get a realtek 8139 pcmcia network card to work with
FreeBSD, it was working nicely with linux using the standard 8139 driver
so I'm sure the card is good.  I have the rl driver compiled staticly into
the kernel, but I'm not sure if this works with pc cards as the device
isn't present when the system boots, do I need to remove it and just use
the module?

I looked in the /etc/defaults/pccard.conf file and found no references
to any realtek drivers, do I need to add one?

The following line from pciconf I believe identifies the realtek card,
but I'm not sure:
none1@pci1:0:0: class=3D0x030000 card=3D0xb18b0e11 chip=3D0x4c4d1002 rev=3D=
0x64
hdr=3D0x00

Also, is there any program with nicer output like lspci or cardctl ident on
linux?  I would think there should be some program that can translate
those ugly device/vendor ids into nice pretty names.

--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C
=20

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM--