Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:05:53 +0100
From:      "Leubner, Achim" <Achim_Leubner@adaptec.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Remote kernel debugging using GDB

Hello all,

=20

I want to do some remote kernel debugging using GDB on FreeBSD 5.3.=20

I connected host and target with a null-modem cable on COM1 and made a =
debug kernel with "options GDB", "options DDB", "options KDB" and =
"makeoptions  DEBUG=3D-g" and I set the port flags of sio0 to 0x80.

But if I start the debug kernel on the target machine with "boot -d" I =
always get the message "GDB: no debug ports present" and if I want to =
start GDB I get "The remote GDB backend could not be selected". In =
"debug.kdb.available" I only see the ddb and "sysctl -w =
debug.kdb.current=3Dgdb" fails.

Does anybody know what=B4s going wrong here? Any help is greatly =
appreciated.

=20

Thanks,

Achim Leubner