Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:44:11 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PR440fx (Toshiba) + SMP ?

Terry Lambert writes:
> > --
> > Processors:     APIC ID Version State           Family  Model   Step    Flags
> >                  0       0x11    BSP, usable     6       1       9       0xfbff
> > --
> > Bus:            Bus ID  Type
>
> You have failed to tell your BIOS that you have a second CPU; therefore it
> has failed to configure the APIC ID on the second CPU, or otherwise identify
> it in the mptable so that FreeBSD can see it.

	Well, I _cannot_ tell my BIOS to force detecting the other CPU --
	this might be a stepping problem -- it was ordered from Computer123.com,
	and I don't remember them garanteeing the same stepping on both
	CPUs...

> A correctly configured BIOS will show two processors with different APIC ID's
> under the "Processors:" section in the mptable.

	I thought so...

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-

               The Internet is busy.  Please try again later.