Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:47:50 -0700
From:      "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        "Vince Hoffman" <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        "Z.C.B." <vvelox@vvelox.net>, FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: linux commands for a hardcore freebsd user

On 6/22/06, Vince Hoffman <jhary@unsane.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Z.C.B. wrote:
>
> > Any one know of a list of the equivalent commands for linux as in
> > freebsd?
> >
> > The ones I am interested in is like bsdlabel and other
> > system/administrative ones.
>
> If you want a reference I like O'reillys "Essential system administration
> pocket reference" (http://safari.oreilly.com/0596004494 )
>
> Good comparison and covers comercial UNIXs as well as freebsd and linux.
> may be slightly out of date now as i'm not sure if they cover FreeBSD v5.x
> or 6.x

Pub Date: November 2002... FreeBSD 5.0 was released January 2003...
FreeBSD 4.7 was released October 2002.
-------------------
Unix in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V & Solaris 2.0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1199000590/

Unix in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference for SVR4 and Solaris 7
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1565924274/

The reason I suggest those books is because Linux is SysV based and
Solaris (SunOS) is/was BSD based.
A copy of UNIX Power Tools will help you:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596003307/

And don't forget both books at http://www.admin.com/

--
BSD Podcasts @: