Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:38:56 -0500
From:      "Richard Secor" <rsecor@seqlogic.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Multiple assigned hostnames.....

Okay.... let's say I want one machine to have 2 hostnames.....

Is there a way to force a machine to have these 2 identities at all times?

I'm already using DNS and know that I could use /etc/hosts but...
     I want to be able to get the command hostname to give me both hostnames
back....

Of course this may not be probable.... but of course anything is possible.

Any ideas?  Comments?

-=Richard Secor
   Sequential Logic=-