Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Waitman Gobble" <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath(4) hardware support list

--bound1334264042

Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote ..
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > On 12 April 2012 06:07, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
> >> I'd like to add a list of Atheros supported card part numbers to ath(4).
> >> Why? =A0Because it's really hard for a user to tell whether a given card is
> >> supported or not before buying. =A0Testing before buying is often impossible.
> >>
> >> There are two forms of part numbers, for example, AR5BXB63 and AR5008.
> >>
> >> Is there a practical way to generate this list other than testing?
> >
> > I've started one. It's in the wiki.
> >
> > http://wiki.freebsd.org/dev/ath(4)
>
> Excellent!  Is it feasible to add card model numbers of the AR5BXB or
> AR5BHB form?  Those are useful when looking for a replacement card.
>
> Another column for branded model numbers ("Linksys XXX123") would be
> good also.
>
> Is there another table for 802.11b/g-only cards?

I've bought every Atheros pci-e model i could find on ebay, so far they have all worked.
So maybe not so much of a concern about the luck of getting a card which doesn't work?

There are some 'newer-generation'(?) cards listed on qualcomm site but i haven't yet seen these available.

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA

--bound1334264042--