Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:28:55 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mkhybrid

I'd like to nuke the mkhybrid11 and mkhybrid12 ports, and resurect
mkhybrid.  mkisofs tracks the current release, not the beta, why should
this be any different?

Personally I'm finding all this package<versionnumber> stuff to be
getting a little out of hand.  I understand it for things that majorly
conflict and would really keep a person from moving up to the author's
latest release (or that wants to use the old and new side-by-side).
Examples are tcl/tk, vim{4,5}, etc...

BUT for a little util like mkhybrid I just don't see the reason.  I think
we are adding complexity and probably conflusion to our users.  I myself
look at this and say, jeez, which do I want.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.ucdavis.edu  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)