Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 10:56:35 -0600
From:      Michael Porter <ocean@wavefront.com>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@shawn.cpl.net>
Cc:        Alastair Rankine <alastair@cia.com.au>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Crapintosh bashing, was:Re: cdrecord

<redirected to CHAT due to subject change>

> > BTW I'm sure I'm not the only one disinterested in your opinions on
> > Macs.  Another forum for that sort of post please.
>
> Sorry. I should have refrained, but its hard to resist the temptation to
> slam Macs...:) (no offence to anyone who likes Macs, although I doubt many
> FreeBSD'ers would use or like Macs)

  I agree, I didn't think any FreeBSDers liked Crapintoshes.  My HP48GX runs
faster and smoother.  Hey HP, how about a port of the HP48 software to
Crapintosh!  HAHHAHA!
Hey, here's an idea, lets setup an old 386 with 4 megs of RAM in a Crapintosh
case, and setup FreeBSD on it, then install that window manager thats supposed
to be like a Mac, we'd have the
WORLD'S FASTEST MACINTOSH!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Ahhhhh, I feel better now.  I hope I don't get banished off these mailing
lists for this, but I had to say it.  I don't have anything against *people*
who use crapintoshes, I just can't understand why they would want to.  Here's
my major grievences:

1:)  I've heard they're hard to upgrade.  I've never tried, so this could be
totally wrong

2:) Although I've heard that the PowerPC chip is *very* good (hey, it's made
by Motorola and IBM, it's got to be at least pretty good!) Comparing same
software on same price systems, and similar chip-clock-rate systems yields
better results on IBM compatibles (my tests and my friends)

3:) Crapintoshes used to have superior graphing abilities.  Not anymore.

4:) NO SHELL USE!!!  AACK!! My friend (a Crapintosh supporter) says you can
buy software for shells.  Hmmmm....I've never heard of any.

I really could go on for quite awhile, but I'll stop my whining now : )