Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2017 16:02:56 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Processor recommendation for LGA771, PLGA771 that has EPT

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM, David Christensen
<dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:
> On 06/09/2017 07:10 AM, Alejandro Imass wrote:
>>
>> I want to modernize and older FBSD server with bhyve, but the
>> processor I have there is a Intel Xeon L5320 @ 1.86GHz and it does not
>> have EPT.
>>
>> Can you guys recommend an easily available Intel or AMD processor that
>> fits the LGA771 socket that supports EPT ?
>>
>> The server is an old Dell PowerEdge R300 series with 24GB of RAM and
>> 2x 3TB disks.
>

> It appears that EPT is (was) not available on any PLGA771 socket Xeon
> processors:
>
> http://ark.intel.com/Search/FeatureFilter?productType=processors&SocketsSupported=PLGA771&ExtendedPageTables=true

Yeah and even with 775 adaptors there is no EPT version for 775 socket
either :-(  Wondering if there was an Opteron with RVI or NPT for the
771 or 775 sockets but appears not.

So I guess I'm stuck unless I can change the motherboard on the Dell
RS900 to one that supports some processor with EPT.

Thanks!

Alejandro Imass