Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 02:54:42 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'dead' keys in keymaps?

I'm trying to make a keymap for supporting Greek on the FreeBSD console.
I tried reading the manpage of keyboard(4), and the example keymaps in
/usr/share/syscons/keymaps to get me started.

However I'm stuck after an afternoon's reading.  I don't seem to be able
to make the `;' key act as a dead-key and put an accent to the greek
letters.  I have the entire keymap ready, but not for accented greek :/
How can I make `;' become a dead key?

If answering this is too much to write in a mail reply, then I'm totally
happy with any pointer, even if that means I'll have to read the sources
of kbdcontrol from src/usr.sbin -- but I want to avoid this last one, if
possible.

- Giorgos Keramidas