Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 1997 09:56:28 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP vs. SNAPS

In article <9710021643.AA24574@bragg>,
Kristian Kennaway  <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> I should also note that at that time the web documentation still referred
> to 2.1 as the stable branch, and 2.2 as current, which did not help to
> ease my confusion.

Uh, excuse me, but at that time, officially, 2.1 still WAS the stable
branch.  That was the case for quite some time after a lot of people
started using 2.2.  And I don't think the documentation ever referred
to 2.2 as current.  More likely, it referred to "current" or perhaps
"3.0" as current.

> I should HOPE this has changed by now :)

I updated the web documentation as soon as it was decided publicly
that "stable" now refers to the -2.2. branch.  Again, the actual
change came long after most people starting thinking of -2.2 as the
"stable" branch.

John