Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:18:40 +1000
From:      "Murray Taylor" <taylorm@bytecraft.au.com>
To:        "Rolando Paez" <rpaez@tamsa.com>, <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <brucem@mail.cruzio.com>
Subject:   Re: Hello and problems changing the configuration

mount /dev/fd0c /mnt works on my FreeBSD 4.3 box when
              ^
mounting my pico router disk (note the c. this tells the
system to mount the disk using the 'c slice' ie the whole disk)

Setting up initial configurations can be done like this:
Creat and edit the file

/usr/src/release/picobsd/mfs_tree/etc/oinit.rc

putting in the required statements like

ifconfig if0 10.1.2.3 netmask 255.255.255.0

and then re-compiling the pico router causes them to be put intothe
crunched image and autorunning upon pico boot.

I also create a file of ipfw rules (firewall.rules)
and add a line to the oinit.rc file

ipfw /etc/firewall.rules

and this sets ipfw up correctly on boot also

HTH

cheers
Murray Taylor
Project Manager