Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 05:57:17 -0700
From:      =?unknown-8bit?Q?$=EAr=EAciya_Kurdistan=EE?= <sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to Reset a Forgotten Root Password

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

Hello,

  I haven't been following the thread closely, so I missed the
  original question, but, I'll try to help out anyway ;)

  Provided that you didn't change the /etc/ttys file entries
  to force root authentification on the console, as in the
  examples below:

  console none                            unknown off insecure
  # Virtual terminals
  ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  off insecure

  then you should be able to boot up into single user mode
  with "boot -s" and change the password.

  You'll need to type "boot -s" at the secondary boot prompt
  (asks to press "any key" for another command ;)

  Hope that helps!

You're welcome in advance,
--$=EAr=EAciya Kurdistan=EE
| Welat xwe ava nake, dest bidin hevdu, pist nedin tu dijmin=EE  |
|   Riya azadiy=EA ne h=EAsan e, h=EAviya xwe bernedin, dema me      |
|     n=EAz=EEk e.                                                 |
| Hevalt=EE bi kes=EAn du r=FB nekin, hevalt=EE bi hevdu ra bikin      |
|   Ne ji hevaltiya wan kes=EAn p=EAxwas =FB r=FB dir=EAj, ne bi wan     |
|     kes=EAn xw=EEnperest, ne j=EE ji y=EAn din.                      |
|                                   -$=EAr=EAciya Kurdistan=EE       |
  translation provided on request: sereciya at kurdistan.ath.cx

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T--