Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:25:29 +0900
From:      Tatsumi Hosokawa <hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Better solution of "devclass_alloc_unit: ed1 already exists" problem?

Sorry I read this mail after I sent the last mail about patches
without fe0.

At Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:23:58 -0700,
Warner Losh <imp@village.org> wrote:

> Ufff.  That's ugly, but less ugly than some of the alternatives.  I
> don't think that you need ed1/sio4 in the kernel config file.  That
> will happen all by itself since the number of devices is no longer
> known at compile time.
>
> A better solution might be to have the system create the device and
> return it to pccardd so that it could pass it as an argument to the
> insert command, but even that has its problems.

I thought a solution like that, but I haven't use it because it's too
difficult to do this in a few hours :-).  But, in fact, that's because
I've replaced all hardwired device names in insert/remove lines with
symbolic $device's.

I'll try to implement it, and won't commit the last patch.

Thank you.