Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 16:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (none)

In article <Pine.NEB.3.96.970903152655.9490A-100000.kithrup.freebsd.chat@pooh.cdrom.com> you write:

> http://techweb.cmp.com/internetwk/reviews/reviews.htm
>
> Comparsion of FreeBSD, SCO's Enterprise Server, Microsoft's Windows NT,
>Red Hat's version of Linux, Berkeley Software Design Inc.'s BSD/OS 3.0.

An interesting article.  FreeBSD does not come out as well as I would have
liked, though -- better than NT, but not as good as BSD/OS or Linux.  (They
don't give any numbers for SCO.)

The numbers they do give for Linux are surprising, in fact -- it would seem
to indicate that Linux is considerably ahead of FreeBSD 2.2.2 in terms of
performance as a Web server, even with several hundred "simultaneous"
connections.

John?  Any comment?