Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 22:18:23 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        Alex Teslik <alex@acatysmoof.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vaio PCG-XG9 and 3Com 3CXFE575CT install?

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Alex Teslik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE on my Vaio PCG-XG9 laptop. Since
> my CD/DVD drive is broken I am trying to do the install via ftp using the
> pcmcia network card which is a 3Com 3CXFE575CT. However, during kernel boot I
> do not see the card being detected. When I enter sysinstall, it prompts for
> pccard settings. No matter which setting I use, the card is not detected. I
> have two questions:
>
> 1) Is the 3Com 3CXFE575CT supported by the drivers supplied in the boot floppies?
>
> 2) If not, how can I add the drivers I need to the boot process so my card
> gets detected?
>
> I checked the archives, but mabye I'm just not finding what I need. Any help
> or links would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

	The 3CXFE575CT is the 3Com/Megahertz 10/100 32Bit CardBus Card
with XJack connector right?  If so, FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE doesn't support
it as it only supports 16bit PCMCIA cards.  You need one of the FreeBSD
-current SNAPSHOTS ISO Images dated August 18, 2002 or later from
current.FreeBSD.ORG both via ftp or www and it should support it.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin