Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:21:13 -0800
From:      "HarryH" <forHarryH@hotmail.com>
To:        "BSD-Performance" <freebsd-performance@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BSD 4.9 Ethernet Driver?

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C40386.475CEDB0

BlankHello,
I just upgraded from 4.8 to 4.9 BSD w/KDE and it all looks very nice an =
fast!  My kernel does not see my Ethernet card: FA310TX Fast Ethernet =
Adapter PCI by Lite-on Communications.  The BSD handbook says look in =
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT for drivers - which does not exist on my =
machine beyond /usr/src, which is empty.  Where can I load the drivers =
from the two install CDs, and if I have to go to the Web to get the =
driver(s), where do I install the driver(s) -    =
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT ?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Harry - new to BSD

PS As per your good advice, I ordered "The Complete  Free BSD" book.

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C40386.475CEDB0--