Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 15:49:43 +0000
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
To:        pete@puffin.pelican.com (Pete Carah)
Cc:        msh@chesapeake.com, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Micron Millenium

In  <m0swCxg-0000RfC@puffin.pelican.com> , Pete Carah wrote:

> I'm running a ASUS board (also triton) with an adaptec 2940 and SMC PCI
> controller (DEC 21040 model is supported *BUT* the newer 21041 model
> isn't yet; David Greenman knows more about that.)  The 21040 diagnostic
> disk that comes with the board won't even recognize the 21041 so they did
> something pretty drastic :-(

It's a new chip with a different PCI chip id.  I have given David Greenman
a new de driver which supports that chip.

Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
3am Software Foundry      WWW URL:    <currently homeless>
Westford, MA              Disclaimer: Digital disavows all knowledge
                                      of this message