Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:09:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Cameron Slye" <cslye@admin3.calweb.com>
To:        tom@uniserve.com (Tom Samplonius)
Cc:        tim@cst.com.au, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2940 driver bug

> pre 2.1.7 system with a 2940 with an uptime of 140 days.  I don't use any
> of the performance ehancements though.  But I have a 2.2 system with the
> newest ahc driver dies with a SCSI error every day (using a 3940UW
> though).

I was having this same problem on a 2.2 GAMMA system here..  4 IBM drives,
on a 3940.  SCSI bus reset errors..  I have since replaced the controller
and drives with a 9gig on a 2940 till I could fix it.  This machine is
now using 2.2-970318-RELENG.  I will put the 3940 and the 4 drives back in
the morning..  Good I was wondering how much fun it would be to find the bad
drive :)  Hope this is the problem.

-Cameron Slye