Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:42:09 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with Hylafax

Not sure if this is a stable or a ports problem, so I sent to both.

I've had a problem with Hylafax for a little while, though I can't remember
for the life of me when it started (don't use it often enough). hfaxd
throws a signal-11 at me every time it starts.  I run 2.2-stable with the
last make world (cvsup right before) on October 9'th.  My kernel
configuration has remained the same before/after the problems (pretty sure,
since I haven't changed it in a while).

I figured out how to get gdb to give me some somewhat useful info, but I
really have no clue how to use it. :-)

HylaFAX is installed and configured same as it has always been
(removed/recompiled/reinstalled/reconfigured about 10 times now, however,
hoping it would fix the problem).

The installed executable was stripped, so i had to recompile Hylafax and
use the executable in the compile dir for debugging purposes.

root [/usr/ports/comms/hylafax/work/hylafax-v4.0pl1/hfaxd] > gdb -d `pwd`
hfaxd
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/ports/comms/hylafax/work/hylafax-v4.0pl1/hfaxd/hfaxd

InetFaxServer::InetFaxServer (this=0x56000) at InetFaxServer.c++:95
95          memcpy(&in, hp->h_addr, sizeof (in));
(gdb) bt
#0  InetFaxServer::InetFaxServer (this=0x56000) at InetFaxServer.c++:95
#1  0x21b73 in newInetServer () at main.c++:188
#2  0x220e6 in main (argc=1, argv=0xefbfdaac, envp=0xefbfdab4) at
main.c++:304

So.. I have no clue whats going on.. (novice C programmer to begin with,
not to mention I have no clue about c++).

--- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@tri-lakes.net