Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 03:20:05 -0700
From:      "Michael W. Collette" <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        Rajappa Iyer <rsi@panix.com>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 on Thinkpad T23

Rajappa Iyer wrote:

> "Michael W. Collette" <metrol@metrol.net> writes:
>
>> Benny Chee wrote:
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i was trying to get my T23 to do 1400x1050 resolution, but to no avail.
>> > Anyone got any luck at all? Can send me your XF86config?
>>
>> I've got a T23 coming in to me at the end of this week.
> [...]
>> I would be VERY interested in hearing how this works out for you.  My T23
>> is coming in on Friday.
>
> I have a T22, but I believe that the chipset is the same
> (S3/SuperSavage.) Here's my XF86Config that works just fine.  I'm
> using XFree86 4.2.0 on 4.6-PRERELEASE.  Note that if your text mode
> screen gets screwed up when you exit X, then you may want to replace
> your /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/savage_drv.o with one that you can
> get at http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html.  The stock one works
> fine for me.

I do appreciate the config here.  Haven't gotten into X just yet though.
Trying to get the darn sound functional before I compile the desktop stuff,
as there are some dependancies there.  Been on a marathon of kernel compiles
to try and get this to work.

I've tried the standard "device pcm" and what feels like a a couple of dozen
different varieties from different web sites talking about this.  Darn thing
locks solid on boot with the following error...

  pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x2483) at 31.3 irq 11
  pcm0: <Intel 82801CA (ICHA)> irq 11 at device 31.5 on pci0
  pcm0: unable to map IO port space
  device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6

At that point I've got to hard power down to get my system back.  Running on
STABLE as of this evening.  If I don't get anywhere with this one soon I'll
just bypass it and move on to getting X set up and configured.  As it is, I
need me some sleep.

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."