Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 15:54:32 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lists of files and directories missing from PLIST

On Mon 2000-05-01 (09:15), Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> IMHO, there is easiest way to detetmine leftover files. You can use script
> to mesure time spent to make install/deinstall, and then find files in
> ${PREFIX}, which have been created during this time. This would allow to
> easily associate leftovers with appropriate port.
>
> 1. cd /usr/ports/myport & make all
> 2. t1=time
> 3. cd /usr/ports/myport & make install deinstall
> 4. t2=time
> 5. t=t2-t1
> 6. find ${PREFIX} -cmin -(t+1)

cd /usr/ports/myport && make install DESTDIR=`pwd`/destdir
find destdir/usr/local -type f | cut -d/ -f4- | diff - pkg/PLIST

I use something like the above in my ports-building scripts that came
after I wrote makeport.pl.  I suppose I could/should use PREFIX instead
of DESTDIR.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Hacker In Chief, Sunesi Clinical Systems