Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 01:09:28 +0800 (CST)
From:      tyl <tyl@project.m2.ntu.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp help

>ppp -alias -background myisp
>ppp doesn't dial, and i get:
>Warning chat script failed
>i dunno if the chat script is installed or not, but i thought that ppp
>had its own chat scripting?
>my goal is to use my fbsd box as a gateway for my 2 WinNT boxes, because
>there are no decient firewalls for any microshaft product plus fbsd is
>stable as hell.

I just meet the problem today, due to I am trying some ppp features...
What about trying ATQ0 command for modem?
  You can use ppp --> term --> at&v --> see the configurations
   --> If you see Q1 --> use the " ATQ0 " to change it

If not work , ...... What about send your /etc/ppp/ppp.conf to me ?

  Name  : Lin tzu-yau   ICQ : 2943576    CICQ : 187793
 School : School of Dentistry National Taiwan University, 1995
Learning  : FreeBSD    Red Hat Linux   TCP/IP Theory   Networking Implement
            Perl       Apache          UN*X Shell Script Programming