Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:33:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ian Struble <ian@broken.net>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Current unassigned ports problem reports

> What about to involve more "manpower" in the debugging of the ports pr ? .
> I don't want to say I am able to do it , my newbie status is not clear yet
> :-), but I think there will be full of volunters ready to fight out of here
> with all the pr-ports.  When the "trusted user" check the port and find it
> is ok he can send the ok to the committer who has only to commit it ...
> The average delay in committing a no problem pr-port have to be of no more
> of few days.

Don't worry too much about any 'newbie status'.  Start with just a
few updates or pr's to get your feet wet.  I am sure that someone would
notice a subject line of 're: ports/7500 - tested, please commit'.
Messages about old pr's will probably get someone's attention right?
Once you do a few of these someone will probably start thinking of you as
a 'trusted user' more than a newbie and the process will start moving
along faster.

One thing though.  Would something like this, posting that a patch or
update in an old pr works, be benificial or would it just flood the ports
list with 'it works, so commit it already!' type messages?

Ian