Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:26:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Donald R. Tyson" <tyson@alumni.stanford.org>
To:        trout2@advancenet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fetchmail?

Fetchmail knows where to put your mail (usually /var/spool) and Pine knows
where to find it.  All you need to put in .fetchmailrc is poll
whereveryougetyourmail protocol pop3 (assuming your isp uses pop3,
that is) username userpassword, then chmod 0600, and off you go.
Unless you tell Pine otherwise, it will create a mail
directory -e.g., /home/user/mail and put new stuff in the INBOX Pine will
automatically create.  HTH  Don Tyson