Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2001 19:39:40 +0000
From:      John Toon <john.toon@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More Installworld failures...

Hi,

I tried editing the Makefile.inc1 file since clearly the cp command was
missing the closing "]" in the script, however it then complained about
the "done" command even after fiddling about with the semi-colon
placements.

I tried deleting the Makefiles, which I re-retrieved from the master CVS
server this time instead, but they were also broken.

I don't know enough about shell programming to competently edit the
Makefile.inc1, so could someone please fix it...

Oh and I forgot to mention before that I'm referring to the Makefiles
for FreeBSD-4.3-RELEASE.

John.

The relevant part:
#
# installworld
#
# Installs everything compiled by a 'buildworld'.
#
installworld:
        mkdir -p ${INSTALLTMP}
        for prog in [ awk cat chflags chmod chown date echo egrep
find grep \
          install ln make makewhatis mtree mv perl rm sed sh 				sysctl
\
            test true uname wc zic; do \
		cp `which $$prog` ${INSTALLTMP}; \
        done
        ^^^^^^
	cd ${.CURDIR}; ${IMAKE} reinstall
        rm -rf ${INSTALLTMP}

#

(ignore the bad line wrapping; that's just my mail client ;^) )