Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 13:20:53 -0500
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>, "D Velez" <dvelez502@nyc.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How do I mount a Windows 98 filesystem?

If you are using drive 1 for Win98, and it is an IDE drive the device
should be ad0. the rest of the number shows it as "slice 1" as the mount
point.

You need to look in /var/log/messages to see how your HD device is
recognized during bootup. Drive 1 should be drive ad0 and drive 2 should be
ad1.

That setup in fstab works for me.... except mine is on drive 2 so, it's
shown as ad01s1.

Also, make sure you have the device "ad0" made in /dev. If not you need to
run MAKEDEV

At 11:07 AM 9.23.2001 -0700, Kory Hamzeh wrote:
>> Then add to the fstab:
>>
>> /dev/ad01s1	mnt/fat32	msdos	rw	0	0
>>

>Shouldn't the mount point (/mnt/fat32) go at the end of the fstab line?
>
>Also, what device is ad01s1?

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin