Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 10:49:32 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1049388573.c5506e@mired.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wanna have a freebsd partition on extended partition

> but every time - every, i try to compile openoffice from the ports
> (which needs up to 4gig space) my system crashes (FreeBSD 5-current -=
> know it's not stable...). so is there another way to use these 6 gig =
on
> the end of the extended partition, most likely with ufs/ufs2?

Unmount it, newfs it, and then mount it. The Freebsd disk tools handle
extended partitions just fine, with a couple of exception. You
shouldn't have problems with the exceptions for your application.

=09<mike
--=20
Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>=09=09http://www.mired.org/consulting.html
Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more inform=
ation.