Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:36:33 -0500
From:      Eric Six <erics@sirsi.com>
To:        "FreeBSD (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Shell Script Question.. (perl maybe be better?)

All,

I have  a perl script I am running to collect statisics from a few different
routers.. I want a report on a specific column in the report however.. the
text files look like this

Col1		Col2		Col3	Col4	Col5	Col6	Col7	Col8
Col9	Col10	Col11
n/n/n		n		n	n	text	text	text	n
n	n	text

I am currently pulling all information off of the routers. I want to pull
the information from Col11. I can use cut and tell it use tab as the
delimter, but there isn't always data in the other columns and that returns
the wrong information. I know there are some other ways to do this, any
recommendations?

TIA
Eric