Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 1995 09:39:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org (freebsd-current)
Subject:   Am I the only one having sup problems?

I am still having trouble with sup.  Are there others having
problems?  Right now I can't get either sup.freebsd.org or
sup2.freebsd.org to work at all, though they seem to fail for
different reasons (at least the symptoms are different).  Here is
what I am getting with sup.freebsd.org:

bob@obiwan-p2 /bsd/FreeBSD/sup> sup standard-supfile
SUP 9.26 (4.3 BSD) for file standard-supfile at Dec 15 22:54:56
SUP Upgrade of src-base-current at Fri Dec 15 22:54:58 1995
SUP Fileserver supports compression.
SUP Upgrade of src-bin-current at Fri Dec 15 22:55:08 1995
SUP Fileserver supports compression.
SUP: Read error on network: Connection reset by peer
SUP: Network write timed out
SUP: Error reading file list from file server
SUP: Upgrade of src-bin-current aborted at Dec 15 23:04:15 1995
SUP: Network write timed out
SUP: Aborted

and here is what I am now getting with sup2.freebsd.org:

bob@obiwan-p2 /bsd/FreeBSD/sup> sup standard-supfile
SUP 9.26 (4.3 BSD) for file standard-supfile at Dec 16 08:56:31
SUP: Can't connect to server for supfilesrv: Connection refused
SUP: Will retry in 101 seconds
SUP: Can't connect to server for supfilesrv: Connection refused
SUP: Will retry in 40 seconds

Note that I can successfully ping and ftp to either of these systems
without a hitch.  Also, sup was working fine up till about a week
ago (I have been running it for almost a year).

--
Bob Willcox
bob@luke.pmr.com (or obiwan%bob@uunet.uu.net)