Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:37:10 -0500
From:      David Vondrasek <david@davidv.net>
To:        "Generic Player" <generic@unitedtamers.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PHP and apache

At 11:08 PM 6/30/00 -0400, you wrote:=20

> Hi
> =A0
> I tried installing apache+php3 during the install of freebsd, which went
fine
> except that the install was spread all over /usr/local, and it ingored php
> code.=A0 So I removed it, but it left the files spread all over /usr/local=
 for
> some reason, and downloaded apache 1.3.12 and php 4.0.1 from the web and
> followed the instructions there.=A0 This time it installed to /www still
> ignores php code, and doesn't start when I boot up.=A0 I made sure both=
 times
> that I un-commented the appropriate lines in httpd.conf like it says in=
 the
> php install file.

Remove all the stuff you installed and do it the FreeBSD way :)

cd  /usr/ports/www/apache13-base
make install clean
rehash

cd ..

fetch
ftp://<ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/>ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/
ports/www/mod_php4.tar
fetch
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/www/mod_php3.tar
tar -xf  mod_php4.tar
tar -xf  mod_php3.tar
cd mod_php3
make install
cd ..
cd mod_php4
make install
rehash

Worked fine more me today but I did the=20
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.12+2.6.4  instead of BASE cause I wanted SSL.
NOW.. if I can just get Front Page to install also *sigh*

Hope it helps.

David Vondrasek

http://www.davidv.net