Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 10:46:35 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
To:        Brian Mitchell <brian@firehouse.net>
Cc:        bugtraq@netspace.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procfs hole

never mind about my last message - I was finally able to get it to work on
both 2.2.2 and 2.2.1 systems.  ack.  is the 'su' command the only
pheasable method of manipulating this problem, or do you think it could be
done with other setuid programs?  I'm running sudo, and can disable su,
but then again what if sudo can be modified.

Jonathan A. Zdziarski                                NetRail Incorporated
Server Engineering Manager                    230 Peachtree St. Suite 500
jonz@netrail.net                                        Atlanta, GA 30303
http://www.netrail.net                                    (888) - NETRAIL