Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:24:49 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building a port that fetches via CVS co

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 04:07:30PM -0700, Danny Howard wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I am looking to build a "master port" to configure a system to house my
> employer's web application.  Ideally, the port could accept a release
> tag and other CVS config data and check the software out of our CVS
> server.  Else, I can supply a tarball distfile in a seperate step.
>=20
> I swear I remember watching a few ports that got their distfiles from a
> CVS server, but I could find nothing in the porter's handbook or in
> bsd.port.mk about this.  And trying to search for this question is
> rather difficult, given that cvsup and ports are so intertwined.
>=20
> Does anyone have any pointers on this?  Please reply-all, as I am not
> subscribed to freebsd-ports.  Thanks!

You can do this by overriding either do-fetch or do-extract depending on
exactly what you want to do.  For an in-house hack, I'd probably just
use do-extract.  For stuff you want to distribute adding code to the
makefile to build a distfile from CVS and then distributing that is
probalby the way to go.  I do this for my work in progress Sun Grid
Engine port.  See the distfile target:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/fileViewer.cgi?FSPC=3D//depot/user/brooks/ports=
/sge/Makefile&REV=3D19

The method should be fairly applicable to a do-extract target.

-- Brooks

--=20

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--