Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:13:26 -0800
From:      "Alex M" <alex@myzona.net>
To:        "ignacio" <izelaya@infovia.com.ar>, "FreeBSD STABLE" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup problem

This has happened to most of us, including me, I've also posted this problem
not long ago and got some replies which i'll re-post here in my own words:

first of all check this thread out
http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2000/freebsd-stable/20001022.freebsd-st
able.html, it has answers to this problem, which said to delete */*/pkg and
*/*/patches in /usr/ports, but this didnt help out.

Other suggestion was to:

cd /usr/ports
rm -rf *
cvsup -f -L 2 /usr/sup/ports-supfile

..which i didnt try yet.

Others told to get an upgrade kit
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/Latest/41upgr
ade.tgz but this didnt help me out too.

Someguy just copied his /ports from his CD.

Good luck.

--
Alex M aka TZapper