Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 08:28:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        C J Michaels <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Procmail: Is there an OR command for procmailrc?

Nope, no OR. Not explicitly anyway. You can do an OR in your match:

 * (abc|def|ghi)@somedomain.com

Or an exclusive OR (else if) with a sequence of recipes:

 :0
 * abc@somedomain.com
 | dothisstuff

 :0 E
 * def@somedomain.com
 | dootherstuff

 :0 E
 * ghi@somedomain.com
 | lastchance

Only one of the above 3 recipes can fire. That's bad if you want more than
one arriving in a single message to be handled in more than one recipe.
Only the first match gets to do anything.

You can get interesting, doing complex ORs with negation:

 :0 c
 * ! abc@somedomain.com
 * ! def@otherdomain.com
 * ! ghi@howdyho.com
 /dev/null  <- yes, this is right. We'll pass on the copy.

 :0 E
 | at least one of those _did_ match. Do our stuff.

Hope that gives you some clues.

Dave

p.s. Codebert just mumbled "Don't forget your local locks!" :)